PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) Diver Course – $179.95
*Includes course tuition and PADI eLearning materials
What is Nitrox (Enriched Air)?
Standard breathing air is comprised of approximately 21% Oxygen, 78% Nitrogen and 1% trace gasses. Mixtures with percentages of oxygen greater than 21% are called Enriched Air Nitrox(EANx) or Nitrox for short.
Who should take this course?
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is the most popular specialty dive course. Why? Because diving with enriched air gives you more no stop time, especially on repetitive dives. If staying down longer and getting back in the water sooner sounds appealing, then don’t hesitate to become an enriched air diver.
If you’re a Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the Enriched Air Diver Specialty course.
What will you learn?
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more time doing what you love. You will cover understanding and managing oxygen exposure limits, enriched air equipment considerations, and more . During your practical session you will:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank
- Learn Nitrox filling, logging, and labeling procedures
- Practice setting and planning dives using your dive computer with enriched air nitrox
Why become an Enriched Air Diver?
Enriched Air Nitrox offers advantages for all divers including:
- Longer no decompression limits
- Shorter surface intervals
- Lowers nitrogen intake/absorbed
What do I need to get started?
- A current Open Water SCUBA Diver certification or higher
How long will it take?
After completing the online portion of the course you will schedule a 1-2 hour practical session with your Enriched Air Instructor. There are no additional training dives required to earn Enriched Air Nitrox certification.