Enriched Air Nitrox
IS NITROX (Enriched Air)? Nitrox is actually any combination
of nitrogen and oxygen. Regular breathing air is
comprised of approximately 21% Oxygen and 79% Nitrogen.
Nitrox mixtures with percentages of oxygen greater
than 21% are called Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx).
BECOME AN ENRICHED AIR DIVER?
Enriched Air Nitrox offers advantages for all divers,
- Extended bottom times
- Shorter surface intervals
- Less Nitrogen Absorbed
- Less post dive fatigue
WILL I DO IN THE COURSE?
- Learn to plan enriched air dives using tables
and dive computers
- Learn to analyze cylinder contents
- Learn how Nitrox can safely increase your no
- Nitrox certification counts toward the Master Scuba Diver rating
DO I NEED TO START?
- A current SCUBA Diver certification or higher
- The Enriched Air manual, 32% table, 36% table, and Equivalent
air depth/Oxygen exposure table.
LONG WILL IT TAKE?
Complete your homework, then complete one academic
session with your Enriched Air Instructor, then 2 Open Water Dives. Can
be done in 1 day!